The top 70 institutes and laboratories under the Ministry of Science and Technology have nearly 2,900 vacant posts of scientists, the government said on July 12, 2019.
More than 100 vacancies in these five institutes :
- National Institute of Oceanography, Goa
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Fourth Paradigm Institute, Bengaluru
- Central Flood Technological Research Institute, Mysuru
These five institutes have 100 or more vacant seats for scientists as per the Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan who said this in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha.
According to the information shared by Vardhan, 70 institutes under the Ministry of S&T have 2,896 vacant posts of scientists.
The Ministry of Science and Technology has three departments: the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Department of Science and Technology and the Department of Biotechnology.